The COVID-19 Pandemic has hit many of us. The economically-disadvantaged who are already struggling have been hit much harder. Let us do what we can to help them put food on the table.
In 2021, despite the pandemic, Ride for Rations raised funds to help 581 households with monthly food rations and 191 school-going children with breakfast sets. Around 900 sets of cooked food bentos and seasonal fruits were also distributed during the four festive seasons.
#RideforRations2022 will have 2 formats this year, virtual edition and Melaka-Singapore edition.
Virtual Edition: Challenge Period 1st September 2022 -> 30th September 2022
Melaka-Singapore Edition 2nd September 2022 -> 4th September 2022
Ride for Rations seeks to ease the difficulties faced by economically-disadvantaged Singaporeans living in rental flats by providing them with monthly food rations as well as breakfasts for school-going children.
It is a ground-up initiative organised and managed entirely by volunteers, and every single cent that is raised goes towards the cause.
● Monthly food rations worth $75 for at least 580 disadvantaged families, ensuring that they have essential supplies for a year
● Monthly breakfast rations worth $30 for up to 200 school-going children from disadvantaged families.
● Any surplus funds raised through Ride for Rations will be used to provide the families with cooked food bentos and seasonal fruits during festive seasons.
100% of the funds raised will go to Sunlove Abode for Intellectually Infirmed Ltd, a registered charity providing food rations to economically-challenged families living in rental flats in Bukit Merah, Chai Chee, Depot Road, Hougang, Marsiling, Serangoon, Whampoa and Woodlands.
Cycle individually or in permitted group sizes, whether indoors or outdoors, without compromising your own safety and health. Be responsible and adhere to the prevailing safe distancing measures and government advisories while participating in this cycling event.
STAY MOTIVATED & SPREAD THE WORD
Share your #RideforRations2022 personal achievements and participation stories with your friends and keep a lookout for the weekly Leaderboard Update on the BikeAid (Singapore) website and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/groups/rideforrations).
How to take part
PICK A ROLE
Participate as a #RideforRations2022 Cyclist & Fundraiser: complete a minimum distance of 200km, 580km or 1,000km in the month of September in the Virtual Edition or cycle an estimated 245 km in the Melaka-Singapore edition.
Participate as a #RideforRations2022 Ambassador and help raise funds.
Whatever your role, we encourage you to:
Raise as much as you can. For the Melaka-Singapore edition, participants need to raise a minimum of SGD$500. As a guide, one month’s rations cost $75; a year’s rations for one household is $900
PICK A CATEGORY (For Virtual Edition only)
● Individual – Cycle outdoors and/or indoors to achieve your target.
● Corporate / Cycling Group– Gather a few colleagues or ‘kakis’ and register under a company / team name to accumulate a distance of 200km, 580km or 1,000 km together.
● Family – Bond as a family and achieve your fundraising goals by accumulating a distance of 200km, 580km or 1,000km together.
We are also planning to organise a group ride in September 2022, subject to the prevailing safe management measures and regulatory approvals.
200 km – We are cycling to raise funds for breakfast for 200 school-going children.
580 km – We are cycling to raise funds for essential food supplies for at least 580 disadvantaged families.