This year marks Ride for Rations (RfR) 10th anniversary. Sadly, COVID-19 has brought unprecedented challenges. The low-income families are affected especially hard amongst Singaporeans impacted by COVID-19. Our aim of helping them is equally impacted by COVID-19 as our fundraising is currently short by 60% of the amount required. Your support & help for the underpriviledged of our community is much needed in such difficult times.
Challenge Period 1st Sept 2020 -> 30th Sept 2020
A charitable cause that will put a smile on the faces of our fellow less privileged Singaporeans through provision of monthly food rations. Registration is now closed.
We aim to provide 12 months of rations worth $429,600:
● A set of monthly food rations worth $70 that provides essential basic food supplies to 440 disadvantaged families.
● A set of monthly breakfast rations worth $25 that provides a nutritious breakfast to 200 school-going children from these disadvantaged families.
100% of the fund raised goes to Sunlove Abode for Intellectually Infirmed Ltd, a registered charity to provide monthly food rations to needy households and children living in rental flats in Bukit Merah, Chai Chee, Hougang, Marsiling, Whampoa and Woodlands.
Cycle individually either indoor or outdoor without compromising on your safety and health. Be responsible and abide by the on-going safe distancing measures and government advisory while participating in this cycling event.
STAY MOTIVATED & SPREAD THE WORD
Share your #RideforRations2020 personal achievements and participation stories with your friends and family members. Keep a lookout for our weekly Leaderboard Update on our website and BikeAid Facebook Page.
How it is done
PICK A ROLE
Participate as a #RideforRations2020 Cyclist cum Fundraiser and complete a minimum distance of 200km or 440km in the month of September.
You are cycling for 200 school-going children’s breakfasts and 440 disadvantaged families’ food supplies.
Participate as a #RideforRations2020 Ambassador and help raise funds.
We encourage our cyclists and ambassadors to raise as much funds as possible. Every little amount counts in your support towards providing our vulnerable families with sufficient food supplies.
PICK A CATEGORY
● Individual – Cycle outdoor AND/OR indoor.
● Corporate / Cycling Group– Gather a few colleagues / cycling ‘kakis’ and register under your company / team name. Pledge a team fundraising target even as each individual cycles solo! Get motivated and arrange with your team to cycle separately at the same time or together via Zoom/Zwift setup.
● Family – Bond and achieve your fundraising goals as a family AND/OR accumulate distance of 200km or 440km together.
Choose one of the following to register:
1. Cycling Jersey ($55 Registration Fee per individual) or
2. Event T-Shirt ($30 Registration Fee per individual)
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS & START TO RAISE FUNDS
Upon registration, you may choose to start your fundraising via GiveAsia using the following link.