Registration is subject to compliance with acceptance of Rules and Regulations and the health declaration below.
Herein, Bike-Aid will refer to Bike-Aid (Singapore).
Section 1: General Rules
- Ride for Rations 2022 will be held as follows:
In the interest of everyone’s safety due to COVID-19, Ride for Rations 2022 will be a Strava-based ride (virtual ride). Participants will be asked to complete a minimum of 200 km, 580 km or 1,000 km within the month of September 2022. Participants can opt to cycle indoors on their trainers or cycle outdoors on their own, bearing in mind the prevailing government guidelines on safe management measures.
In addition to the virtual ride, the organisers aim to organise an actual ride in September 2022, subject to the prevailing national guidelines on COVID-19 and related regulations.
- The Organising Committee reserves the right to amend or adjust the rules and regulations of the event without prior notice to the participants.
- All participants are required to read, understand and follow the stipulated rules and regulations.
- Participants are advised to check the BikeAid (Singapore) website (www.bikeaid.org.sg) and the Bike-Aid (Singapore) and Ride for Rations Facebook page (www.facebook.com/groups/rideforrations) regularly for any updates or amendments with regards to event instructions and information.
- All participants are encouraged to be involved in the distribution of rations between the months of April and September. This will give participants the opportunity to see where the funds go to and meet some of the beneficiaries of the fund raising effort.
Section 2: Participation
- Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis, and is subject to a maximum capacity as determined by the Organising Committee. Participants will have to pay registration fees as set out in the FAQs on Ride for Rations 2022.
- The Organising Committee reserves the right to accept or reject a registration for Ride for Rations 2022.
- In view of the difficult economic circumstances, each participant is encouraged to raise as much as he/she possibly can.
- The cost of food rations has gone up. As a guide, 1 set of food rations now costs $75 whilst 1 set of breakfast rations costs $30.
- Participants can also assist by raising funds from corporations, Please contact the Organising Committee for help in processing corporate donations.
- Incomplete registration forms or those which contain incorrect or fraudulent information will be deemed invalid and rejected.
- In registering, each participant declares that he/she is physically and mentally fit to participate in the event and is not suffering from any medical (physical and mental) condition whatsoever, which would inhibit him/her from participating in the event. Participants must also ensure that they possess a reasonable level of cycling proficiency that will allow them to complete the event successfully and safely, including cycling on the roads for the group ride.
- First-time Ride for Rations participants are encouraged to participate in the rations distribution at any one of the following locations: Chai Chee, Hougang, Marsiling, Woodlands or Whampoa.
- For their safety, participants are required to adhere to traffic rules and regulations and those pertaining to the use of the Park Connector Network (PCN) or other location where they are cycling at all times.
- Participants have an obligation to themselves and to others to act safely and comply with all rules and regulations of the country and event.
- If the situation permits, a physical group ride may be held in Singapore, subject to regulatory approval. The group ride will involve additional costs that have not been factored into the original registration fee. Participation in the physical ride will be subject to payment of an additional fee to offset the costs of organising the ride. Details will be shared with registered participants closer to September 2022
Section 3: Registration
- All registration will be done online through our official event website, which can be accessed through the Bike-Aid (Singapore) website.
- Closing date for the registration is 15 June 2022. In the event that the maximum capacity is reached before the closing date, the online registration will be closed.
- If participants wish to change their event category (200 km, 580 km or 1,000 km), they must inform the organisers before 15th August 2022.
- All participants should receive an email confirming their registration at least one week before the start of the event.
- Participants agree that any unutilised registration fees will be donated to the cause that Ride for Rations is supporting.
- Refund Conditions
- Event registration fees are non-refundable. However, participants may get a replacement if they are unable to take part.
- Where there is a replacement cyclist, the organisers may not be able to accommodate a change in tee-shirt or jersey size.
- If participants choose to withdraw from the event, all registration fees, less expenses incurred for RfR 2022 up to the point of withdrawal in the above condition, will be donated to the cause Ride for Rations is supporting.
Section 3A: Collection of data
- Participants give their consent to the event organisers to collect, store, access, use and disclose their information for the purposes set out below:
- Facilitating and/or enabling good governance, record-keeping, administration, research, surveys, analysis, evaluation, risk management or any other related purposes.
- Facilitating and/or obtaining the required approvals, permits or licences from the relevant authorities or regulators and other parties, the filing of reports and/or the completion of other formalities in relation to Ride for Rations 2022, before, during or after the event.
- Obtaining goods and services to support Ride for Rations 2022.
- Facilitating and/or enabling the event organiser and volunteers to provide or procure evacuation, transport, medical or hospital treatment and care for participants during or after Ride for Rations 2022 in the event of an accident or illness.
- Participants grant the event organisers the right to photograph, film, videotape, record and/or capture any other information on the said participants and to make use of the contents in connection with Ride for Rations. Participants shall not at any time object to or raise any claim against the organisers for such use of the said contents.
Section 3B: Cycling logs
- This event is based on an honour system. Bike-Aid(Singapore) may undertake periodic checks on the participants’ submissions.
- Participants are required to join the Ride for Rations Strava Club (https://www.strava.com/clubs/RideforRation) and submit their cycling logs using the Strava app.
Section 4: Attire & Safety
- Participants are required to adhere to traffic rules as stipulated in the Road Traffic Act of Singapore, and to comply with safety and directional instructions when participating in the Strava-based ride.
Section 5: Provision of equipment
- Participants are to make use of their own bicycles or provision one for the event.
Updated 01 March 2022
———————————-End of Rules and Regulations————————-