Registration is subject to compliance with acceptance of Rules and Regulations and the health declaration below.
Herein, Bike-Aid will refer to Bike-Aid (Singapore).
Section 1: General Rules
- Ride for Rations 2021 will be held as follows:
In the interest of our everyone’s safety due to COVID-19, it will be a “Strava” based ride (virtual ride) Participants will be asked to complete a minimum of 200 km, 440 km or 880 km, which they can do so during the whole month of September 2021. Participants can opt to cycle indoors on their trainers or cycle outdoors on their own bearing in mind the prevailing government guidelines on safe management measures.
In addition to the “Strava” / virtual ride, we aim to organise an actual ride on 05 September 2021 subject to the national posture on COVID-19 and the related regulations.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to amend or adjust the rules and regulations of the Event without prior notice to the participants.
- All participants are required to read, comprehend, understand and follow the stipulated rules and regulations given to them during the course of the event.
- Participants are advised to check our website: www.bikeaid.org.sg; Bike-Aid (Singapore) & Ride for Rations Facebook pages regularly for any updates or amendments with regards to the event instructions and information.
- All participants are encouraged to be involved in the rations distributions between the month of April and October. This gives you the opportunity to see where the fund raising goes to and also the beneficiaries of the fund raising.
Section 2: Participation
- Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis, and it is subjected to a maximum capacity as determined by organising capacity. It also involves the payment of registration fees as set out in the FAQ on RfR.
- The organising committee reserves the right to accept or reject participation in Ride for Rations 2021.
- As we understand the difficult economic circumstance, being a fund-raising, each participant is encouraged to raise as much as they possibly can. Every little amount counts as the poor need to be nourished. As a guide, 1 set of food ration costs $70 whilst 1 set of breakfast rations cost $25.
- Incomplete registration forms or those which contain incorrect or fraudulent information will be deemed invalid and rejected.
- In registering, each participant certifies that he/she is physically and mentally fit to complete the event and is not suffering from any medical (physical and mental) condition whatsoever, which would inhibit him/her from completing the event. Participant must also ensure that they possess reasonable level of cycling proficiency that will allow them to complete the event successfully and safely, including cycling on the roads for the group ride.
- When and if the situation permits, i.e. based on restriction of movements due to COVID-19. First time RfR participants are encouraged to participate in the rations distribution at either of the following: Chai Chee, Hougang, Marsiling, Woodlands or Whampoa.
- Participants are required to adhere to traffic rules and regulations and those pertaining to the use of PCN or other locations they are cycling at all times during the event for their safety.
- Participants have obligations to themselves and to others to act safely and comply with all Rules and Regulations of the country and event.
Section 3: Registration
- All registration will be done online through our official event website accessible through Bike-Aid website.
- Closing date for the registration is 30 June 2021. In the event that the maximum capacity is reached before the closing date, the online registration will be closed.
- In event of change of category (200 km, 440 km or 880 km), participants must inform the organiser before 15th August.
- All participants should receive a confirmation email verifying the successful transaction at least one week before the commencement of the event. Additional details can be found on our website.
- Participants agree to have any un-utilised registration fees donated to the cause [charity organisation] Ride for Rations is supporting.
- Refund Conditions
(RfR 2021 Strava segment):
- Participants must submit the funds raised as it is meant to help the needy.
- Participants may seek a replacement. In such case, we may not be able to provide a change in Tee-Shirt or Jersey sizing.
- All registration fees less expenses incurred for RfR 2021 up to the point of withdrawal in the above condition, will be donated to the cause Ride for Rations is supporting.
Section 3A: Collection of data
- Participant agree and give their consent that the organisors may receive, collect, store, access, use and disclose the information for the purposes set out below and participant acknowledge that it is reasonable for organisors to so act in relation to such purposes in the given circumstances:
- for the purposes of facilitating and/or enabling good governance, record-keeping, administration, research, surveys, analysis, evaluation, risk or other management reasons;
- for the purposes of facilitating and/or obtaining the required or necessary approvals, permits or licences from, or filings or reportings, or other formalities of whatever nature to or with the relevant authorities or regulators and other parties, in relation to RfR 2021, before, during or after RfR 2021
- for the purpose of obtaining goods and services to support Ride for Rations 2021
- for the purposes of facilitating and/or enabling staff on hand during or after RfR 2021 to provide or procure evacuation, transport, medical or hospital treatments and care to me in the event of accident or illness, and that such Information is not intended to be a waiver (whether in whole or in part) of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Participant grant the organisors the right to photograph, film, videotape record and/or otherwise reducing into material form, and further, to use participant name, likeness, pose, voice, statements appearance (including any performance of any activities), and any reproductions or adaptations thereof, and the edit of the same in connection with RfR 2021 in whole or in part, without restriction or limitation and for an unlimited number of times, in or through any and all media formats. Participant shall not at any time object to or raise any claim against the organisors for such usage of the Performance.
Section 3B: Fitness Data
- This event is based on honour system. Bike-Aid(Singapore) may undertake periodic checks on the submissions.
- Participants are required to submit fitness activities using Strava App. Participants are required to join Ride for Ration Strava Club (https://www.strava.com/clubs/RideforRation)
Section 4: Attire & Safety
- Participants are required to adhere to traffic rules as per Road Traffic Act of Singapore, safety and directional related instructions when participating in the Strava segment whilst on the road.
Section 5: Equipment and Provision
- Participants have to use their own bicycles during the event.
Updated 19 March 2021
———————————-End of Rules and Regulations————————-