Registration is subject to compliance with acceptance of Rules and Regulations and the health declaration below.
Herein, Bike-Aid will refer to Bike-Aid (Singapore).
Section 1: General Rules
- Ride for Rations 2019 will be held on 23 August – 25 August 2019 [24-25 August will be the actual cycling from Melaka to Batu Pahat to Singapore]. (There is an option involving additional leg of Port Dickson-Melaka. This will be from 23 August with departure from Singapore on 22 August)
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to amend or adjust the rules and regulations of the Event without prior notice to the participants.
- All participants are required to read, comprehend, understand and follow the stipulated rules and regulations, event signs and directions, and verbal instructions given to them during the course of the event.
- Participants are advised to check our website: bikeaid.org.sg; Bike-Aid (Singapore) & Ride for Rations Facebook pages regularly for any updates or amendments with regards to the event instructions and information.
- The Organizing Committee, and related sponsors, officials and other staffs, will not be held responsible for the cancellation of the event due to unforeseen circumstances, eg. Weather conditions etc.
- All participants are required to attend the pre-event briefings to be able to participate in the event. First time participants are also required to attend compulsory briefing on the purpose of RfR and be involved in the rations distributions.
Section 2: Participation
- Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis, and it is subjected to a maximum capacity as determined by organising capacity.
- The organising committee reserves the right to accept or reject participation in Ride for Rations 2019.
- All participants must be 21 years in age and above.
- All participants must raise a minimum of S$700/- and pay a registration fee of S$300/- (double) or S$370/- (single), which excludes fees arising from registration portal and online payment portal. This fee is for 23-25 August 2019. There is an additional fee for the additional leg of Port Dickson – Melaka on 22-23 August.
- Participants’ must meet the minimum fund raising stipulated in 2.4 to be able to participate in the Ride for Rations ride.
- Participants who opt for double accommodation are to note the following
- In situations where the assigned room-mate, including where participant has indicated their preferred room-mate, is not able to participate in Ride for Rations 2019, organisors will re-allocate the rooming based on double accommodation. If a participant prefers to not have such a change, which would effectively make his/her accommodation into a single accommodation, the participant has to pay the difference in cost between the fees for single and double accommodation.
- The above is done as we would like to minimise cost such that cost savings can be passed to the beneficiary if any.
- Incomplete registration forms or those which contain incorrect or fraudulent information will be deemed invalid and rejected.
- In registering, each participant certifies that he/she is physically and mentally fit to complete the event and is not suffering from any medical (physical and mental) condition whatsoever, which would inhibit him/her from completing the event. Participant must also ensure that they possess reasonable level of cycling proficiency that will allow them to complete the event successfully and safely.
- Thereafter of successful registration and up to the point of the event, participant is responsible for ensuring his/her physical readiness for such a demanding ride. He/She is also responsible to have himself/herself certified by a qualified and Singapore registered medical doctor that he/she is medically fit for such an event should he/she have medical issues that arise after registration and up to the point of the event.
- It is mandatory for first time Ride for Rations participants [cyclist] or others as determined by the organising committee, to attend a readiness assessment session by the organising committee and they must pass the assessment to be able to participate in Ride for Rations 2019. This is in the interest of ensuring their physical readiness to participate in Ride for Rations.
- First time Ride for Rations participants (cyclists and support crew) must attend a compulsory briefing on the purpose of RfR. This briefing will be conducted at the rations distribution venue specified in February 2019 or March 2019 or thereafter as specified by the committee.
- First time Ride for Rations participants (cyclists and support crew) must participate in at least 2 rations distributions at 2 of the estates being supported through RfR by June 2019.
- In ability to undertake 2.4, 2.6a and 2.7 to 2.9 will lead to participant being disqualified from participating in RfR 2019. The conditions with regards to registration fee and funds raised will be that of the case where a participant withdraws from RfR 2019, details of which are found herein.
- Participants are required to adhere to traffic rules and regulations at all times during the event for their safety. They are required to follow instructions and cycle in a single file. Overtaking of the lead cyclist is strictly not allowed as is grabbing of refreshments from support crew whilst cycling.
- Participants have obligations to themselves and to others to act safely and comply with all Rules and Regulations.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the rights to disqualify any participant that is a safety hazard. He/she will not be allowed to continue and no refunds will be made.
Section 3: Registration
- All registration will be done online through our official event website accessible through Bike-Aid website.
- Closing date for the registration is 30 April 2019. In the event that the maximum capacity is reached before the closing date, the online registration will be closed.
- All participants should receive a confirmation email verifying the successful transaction at least one week before the commencement of the event. Additional details can be found on our website.
- Participants agree to have any un-utilised registration fees donated to the cause [charity organisation] Ride for Rations is supporting.
- Refund Conditions:
- In cases of withdrawal of participants, there will be no refund of registration fee (For participants who withdraw prior to June 2019, he/she can provide a replacement for his/her place. The replacement must meet all the criteria laid in the Rules and Regulations. Provision of jersey for the replacement is not guaranteed and is subject to the timeline and processes stipulated by the jersey supplier, which is beyond the organisor’s control. No replacement is permitted from June 2019 onwards.)
- All registration fees less expenses incurred for RfR 2019 up to the point of withdrawal in the above condition, will be donated to the cause supported by Ride for Rations.
- Such a participant is responsible for submitting funds raised to the organising committee.
Section 3A: Collection of data
- Participant agree and give their consent that the organisors may receive, collect, store, access, use and disclose the information for the purposes set out below and participant acknowledge that it is reasonable for organisors to so act in relation to such purposes in the given circumstances:
- for the purposes of facilitating and/or enabling good governance, record-keeping, administration, research, surveys, analysis, evaluation, risk or other management reasons;
- for the purposes of facilitating and/or obtaining the required or necessary approvals, permits or licences from, or filings or reportings, or other formalities of whatever nature to or with the relevant authorities or regulators and other parties, in relation to Ride for Rations 2019, before, during or after Ride for Rations 2019
- for the purpose of obtaining goods and services to support Ride for Rations 2019
- for the purposes of facilitating and/or enabling staff on hand during or after Ride for Rations 2019 to provide or procure evacuation, transport, medical or hospital treatments and care to me in the event of accident or illness, and that such Information is not intended to be a waiver (whether in whole or in part) of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Participant unconditionally grant the organisors the right to photograph, film, videotape record and/or otherwise reducing into material form, participant and further, to use participant name, likeness, pose, voice, statements appearance (including any performance of any activities), any biographical material concerning participant and any reproductions or adaptations thereof, and the edit of the same in connection with Ride for Rations 2019 in whole or in part, without restriction or limitation and for an unlimited number of times, in or through any and all media formats. Participant shall not at any time object to or raise any claim against the organisors for such usage of the Performance.
Section 4: Attire & Safety
- Participants are required to wear the event jersey on day 1 and strongly encouraged to wear on day 2 for easy identification.
- Participants must put on a helmet when cycling in Ride for Rations 2019, including training rides.
- Participants are required to be in the appropriate footwear at all times during the event.
- Participants are required to adhere to safety and directional related instructions given during the actual ride or during training rides.
- The committee reserves the right to stop any participant who poses a safety risk and threat to himself/herself/themselves and, or others from continuing his/her/their participation in Ride for Rations.
- No changes to the size of the event jersey are allowed. We will adhere strictly to the size that participants indicate on the registration form or provided to the organisors.
Section 5: Equipment and Provision
- Participants have to use their own bicycles during the event and training rides.
- In the interest of safety, no tri bikes or recumbent bikes are permitted.
- Participants have to bring along personal items for their own well-being and comfort on the event day, e.g. sunblock, sunglasses, cap, seat padding, water bottles, etc.
Updated 03 January 2019
———————————-End of Rules and Regulations————————-